We have WATER, real SAFE, DRINKABLE water.
When we got home this AM the contractors for North Perry Water had disconnected us from the old main (a 1-inch line that feed 10 houses) to a real 12-inch line with fire-hydrants.
I just bleed the air out and we are now connected to a system where:
- I don't need to de-acidify the water
- I don't need to run a whole-system micron filter (the type used to stop microbes)
- I don't have to worry about the system failing any given water safety test
- I don't have to wonder if the system is under a boil-order (again) and the owner decided not to tell the customers (yes, that is a violation of state law)
- I don't have to wonder if the system has lost it's certification (again) and I couldn't sell the house/refinance the house/etc
- I don't have to buy gallons and gallons of potable drinking water every week.
- I don't have to worry about the high-acid water rotting out, say the pipes, dishwasher, washing-machine, or the shut-off valves (which were corroded open and couldn't be closed)
- I don't have to replace things like the washers, etc, because the high acid, high mineral content water has wrecked them in 5 or 10 years (or why I have the
(of course I added the de-acidifier 11 year ago and that helped a lot)